12.14.2013

Christmas Cookies....Round 1

Two posts, one day, I know....shocking.  While I have the camera, computer, time, and myself all together at once, I have to take advantage.  This past Tuesday I received an email inquiring about some basic Christmas cookies for an open house event.  Since I was going through dough trials at the time I had quite a bit of red velvet made up so I asked if that would be okay for the party, and with approval I proceeded with a cream cheese royal icing.  Now, I have really elaborate Christmas cookie designs pinned on Pinterest and I don't think there is any way to get all of them done this year.  Not to mention, I have to be very careful not to get too terribly excited with the orders or I will add too many details (which were not requested) and potentially push the deadline too close.  So, with the reins pulled in tight, I started on my first set of Christmas cookies (snowflakes, stars, houses, and trees).  

Have a look:










I would also like to point out that I learned how to use the white balance on my digital camera this week, and these pictures were all taken at night.  I will work on better backgrounds next, but hey, we have advanced to almost real pictures now!


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment